NCTech is a rapidly growing high‐tech business working at an accelerated rate of change.
We’ve recently started to shift away from being a pure hardware business (selling high resolution 360° cameras) and are now able to offer a variety of Big Data and other related services (e.g. fully annotated & machine‐learned image datasets and 3D simulations). We’re well positioned to start expanding into rapid growth markets such as autonomous vehicles, smart cities and VR/AR.
We’re full of ambition and energy and we’re now at a pivotal point of our journey as we bring our new technology to market, whilst at the same time plotting our route to hyper‐growth!
About the job in 60 seconds
As our Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), you’ll be a key member of our Senior Management and Executive Team and will report directly to the CEO and the Board. You’ll take ultimate responsibility for driving the development and execution of our commercial strategy to enable us to achieve our aggressive growth plans.
We currently have a number of different revenue streams:
- Direct sales of our best in class camera technology, along with our proprietary processing software
- Monetisation of VR.World, our very own cloud‐based platform which can store and process vast amounts of imagery data
- Capture‐as‐a‐Service, which entails us capturing 360° street‐level imagery on our customers’ behalf and publishing it to Google Street View with/without branded logos
You will be customer‐facing and will act as the driving force behind our entire commercial, sales & marketing functions.
- Obtaining a profound understanding of our global market opportunities and customer requirements, prioritising those which are most lucrative / attainable and executing the plan to capture them
- Development and management of the entire Sales & Marketing function
- Reinforcing a target / objective‐based culture to drive accountability. This will also entail providing clear goals and measurable objectives at team and individual levels to facilitate effective performance management
- Working with the CEO and CFO on the negotiation of key commercial agreements to ensure the outcomes are aligned with the business’s strategic objectives
- As a key member of the Executive Management Team, it is expected that you will represent the business externally to further enhance its reputation.
- You will also act as a custodian for NCTech’s values to ensure our culture continues to thrive as we grow
- Providing regular commercial updates as part of the company’s Board and investor reporting requirements
We’d love to talk to you if you’re a proven Commercial leader with an outstanding track record in developing and executing successful commercialisation strategies in early‐mid stage growth companies.
We’re looking for a thought leader who is able to expertly combine creativity with top class analytical skills, and someone who has a genuine passion for building long‐term customer value at NCTech.
You’ll ideally have the following skills & expertise:
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful commercialisation strategies in high growth companies;
- Outstanding management and leadership skills — you’ll naturally engage, motivate and inspire people to do their best work;
- An innate talent for marketing, you’ll have an instinctive curiosity for learning and desire to be ahead of the trend curve;
- Impeccable presentation, communication and relationship building skills; and
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (as / when required).
Things move quickly at NCTech so you’ll also need to be highly flexible in your approach to work and willing to pitch in wherever needed. There is never a dull moment here!
We currently offer:
- A generous holiday allowance of 33 days
- The opportunity to flex your working day (a daily flexitime scheme is now in place)
- Never work your birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!
- Generous pension enhancement
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech
- Family friendly benefits
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQ’s, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party!
- Free food and a selection of drinks in the office
Above all we’re really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
If you like what you’ve read so far please send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com with the reference CC19 in the subject header.
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your email application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.